Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 22 - Live Free or Die Hard

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Agent Orange and I started the day with lunch at one of the crappiest Indian restaurants on record before heading over to the Rapid City Carmike to watch Live Free or Die Hard. Now that’s a movie. If you like watching one man kick ass while the bureaucrats fail over and over, then you’ll like this. It reminded me of old Westerns, with one man having to step up when the system fails.

After the movie, I drove to Rapid City Airport to drop Agent Orange off for his flight back to New Jersey. I was only about ten miles away when he called to tell me it was cancelled. So, he’s shacked up at the Rapid City Radisson tonight, waiting on a 6:30 am flight, while I’m down in Omaha, staying in a surprisingly nice-for-the-price motel. There’s one drawback, however: I’m in an adjoining room and I can hear almost everything the couple in the room next to me is saying. I can’t exactly make out words unless I press my ear to the door (as if I would do that). I wonder if things will get interesting later. From the sound of the cough that guy just let out, I’m guessing it’s not that kind of night. Regardless, I have ear plugs.

Tomorrow will be a full day of driving. I’m trying to get close enough to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky that I’ll be able to see it Friday morning. I covered approximately 571 miles today. Considering I didn’t leave Rapid City until about 3:30, I think that’s pretty good. I’ll be trying to cover around 693 miles tomorrow; but I do have all day to do it.

No comments: