Friday, April 18, 2008

iFive:K and Alaska Planning

April 18, 2008

I ran another race last night: the iFive:K in downtown Charleston. The race started at the maritime center and continued down in front of the battery. There were only about 300 people running, so it was a much different experience than running with 30,000 in the Cooper River Bridge Run. I finished in 28:52.99, which I realize is still a long way from fast. I had a good time though. I also noticed a few other Boot Campers running. I guess I'll be seeing them bright and early again in about ten days. Not sure I'm ready for that again, at least maybe not until classes are over.

In other news, I'm planning a trip to Alaska. We'll be flying out at the end of July for a week-long stay. Right now our itinerary includes a glacier-viewing, whale watching cruise at Kenai Fjords National Park on our first day, with another day there for hiking or kayaking. After that, we'll be heading back to Anchorage for a night before taking the Alaska Railroad up to Denali National Park for three days of trying to pack in as much as that park has to offer. It's shaping up to be pretty expensive, but I'm confident it will be well worth it.

No comments: